Friends of Scouting
Friends of Scouting is an opportunity for families, friends, alumni, businesses and community organizations to support Scouting. The $24 registration fee goes directly to the national office of the Boy Scouts of America. If a Scout unit collects dues, that money stays with the unit to help pay for supplies, advancements and other activities. None of that money helps the Sam Houston Area Council. In order to keep Scouting affordable for all youth, the council runs an annual Friends of Scouting fundraising campaign.
Friends of Scouting helps:
- Recruit and train youth and leaders
- Provide assistance to those in need
- Keep camps and activities affordable
- Enhance programing and facilities
- Provide communication tools for volunteer leaders
Friends of Scouting contributions provide approximately 24% of the support the council receives each year. The success of Scouting depends on those who support it. Please help Scouting provide the resources necessary to make sure every youth can benefit from Scouting’s fun, exciting, adventure-filled activities that foster character, honesty, respect and life-long values.
Donate Sign up for FOS presentation
Selling gourmet popcorn is a wonderful opportunity for units to earn funds to support their entire year of Scouting.
- Increase your unit and council income – 70% stays in your unit and the local council.
- Pay for your entire Scouting program.
- Scouts learn life lessons by “earning their own way.”
- The prize program motivates Scouts.
- There are loads of incentives: $600 club and college scholarships.
- For additional revenue, sell online to friends and family out of town.
Scout Fair coupon books are a brilliant way for units to raise money and prepare Scouts to earn their own way! The Scout Fair coupon book offers great savings for the buyer, while Scouts earn commissions for every $10 coupon book purchased. Buyers support the Scouting program, while receiving over $600 in valuable savings from partners such as Kroger, Sonic, Bass Pro, Goodyear and more. All units receive a 30% base commission for each $10 Scout Fair coupon book sold, for funds turned in on or before Scout Fair. Participate at Scout Fair, as either a service unit or booth participant, and earn an additional 10% commission. Service units must have a minimum of 50% of their registered youth participating to receive the additional commission. Units can also take advantage of early bird turn-in dates, offering 5%, 3% and 1% additional bonus commissions based on when monies are turned in to council. In addition, Scouts qualify for prizes once they sell 15 coupon books.